Indian kitchen is incomplete without turmeric powder. Turmeric is used amply as a flavoring
and coloring ingredient in a variety of Indian dishes. There is a special function in Indian wedding
named as “Haldi” which is celebrated both in groom’s and bride’s houses. There is no comparison of
Haldi with artificial cosmetic products. It is a natural product and it has no side effects. It has been
recognized as a best beauty product over the centuries.
Top Ten reasons to use turmeric for flawless skins:
1. It is a natural and inexpensive way to care for your skin; it is available widely in the
market in powder, paste and dried root forms at cheap rates. You can prepare a face pack by
adding besan (gram flour) and turmeric power and apply into your face.
2. Turmeric is endowed with antiseptic, an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacteria properties
that are treated as best medicine for skin.
3. It contains a compound known as ‘curcumin’ which forms the yellow pigment; this in
turn functions as a coloring agent to impart a brighter skin complexion.
4. It can be served as the best treatment for dark circle and wrinkle. Prepare a paste of raw
milk and turmeric powder and apply on your effective areas and leave it ten minute. You
can find the difference within one month.
5. Turmeric acts as an effective blood purifier which improves the conditions of the skin. It
gives freedom from acne, pimple and scar marks.
6. It can be considered as the best relief from dry or oily skins. For dry skin, combine 1 egg
white, 2 drops of olive oil, fresh lemon juice and rose water. Add a pinch of turmeric and
mix well. Apply to all dry areas including face, neck, elbows and knees. Let it set until it
is complete dry. Wash off with warm water. For oily skin, add a pinch of turmeric to 2
tablespoons of sandle wood powder. Mix in 2 tablespoons of milk and 2 drops of lemon
juice. Apply to your face and let it dry. Rinse with warm water.
7. Crack heel is the normal problem of winter season. In order to get rid of it we can use
turmeric powder mixed with coconut water. This mixture will also help prevent fungal
infections that may form between the toes, also known as athlete’s foot.
8. Dandruff and other scalp issues are easily treated with turmeric and olive oil. Apply a
mixture to your scalp in the shower. Allow it to set for 15 minutes, then wash out the
mixture with a natural shampoo.
9. Milk with turmeric (golden milk) is a good remedy for cold and coughing.
10. Turmeric also helps in faster healing and lightening of burn marks.